The Presidio Trust is seeking a part-time Program and Events Operations Coordinators to join the Visitor Services team. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500-acre Presidio is richly layered in history, is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people, and offers iconic views known around the world. In its third decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues grow.
Our ideal candidate is an outgoing and approachable ambassador, committed to delivering extraordinary visitor experiences in the Presidio. You have a can-do attitude, and you foster and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with fellow Trust colleagues, production crews, vendors, program partners, tenants, and safety personnel.
The Programs and Events Operations Coordinator may serve as the primary on-site contact for events that range in size from 50-20,000+ participants, to ensure compliance with terms of permit and established rules, monitor the safety and flow of events, and ensure that park rules and safety procedures are followed. The position directly engages with the public, on-site event/program managers, clients, U.S. Park Police, Trust Fire Marshal, NPS Law Enforcement, and others.
The Part-time position is limited to 32 hours per week. Workdays include regular weekends, early morning, late evenings, and may adjust seasonally based on programs and events calendar.
The position has pro-rated benefits and a starting at $29.19 per hour, and is included in a bargaining unit, specifically The Laborer’s International Union of North America, Local 792, United Public Employees of California. Now accepting applications.
- Serve as a primary on the ground support staff for public programs and events in the Trust’s open spaces, including internal Trust events and activities. This includes set-up and breakdown of events, and interpreting blueprints and layouts of events for accurate and safe set up.
- Monitors Trust-sponsored and permitted park events and logistics to ensure terms of permit are followed. Supports crowd control, traffic management, fire permit enforcement and overall public safety for events and programs. Serve as on-the-ground point of contact for events and activities in Area B of the Presidio, in addition to support for other Trust activities as needed.
- Coordinates with day-of event safety staff from multiple jurisdictions (Golden Gate Bridge District, U.S. Park Police, National Park Service, San Francisco Department of Parking and Traffic, etc.) throughout duration of events on overall event protocols and management. Alerts necessary agencies of safety issues and emergencies.
- Monitors park open spaces for unpermitted uses and activities, engages with visitors and elevates issues to enforcement as needed. Identifies and reports safety conditions as part of monitoring.
- Provide an exceptional customer service-oriented approach when interacting with the public that is consistent, professional, friendly, and informative. Engage with the general public on park rules and etiquette enforcement.
- Prepare and submit post event reports and document property damage to recoup damages from clients. Participate in weekly production meetings and event debriefs to suggest improvements for the future. Support pre-event planning and logistics and provide insights on best practices for events.
- Supports the trail counter network. Tracks and reports on visitation numbers for events.
- Manage event and park equipment inventory and deployment. Performs day-to-day maintenance of equipment, repair, cleaning, sign making, and traffic directional equipment.
- Assist in ensuring the work of contractors is performed properly and carried out.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-years program and events operations experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to perform basic maintenance of shop equipment and tools.
- Self-motivated, must be reliable, personable and have the ability to meet and communicate effectively with a diverse clientele.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to work independently and have excellent follow-through.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating instructions.
- Ability to follow instructions and to maintain working relations with fellow employees and the public.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to occasionally lift loads in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, current CA Driver’s License; ability to drive 1 1/2-ton 4x4 truck, cargo vans and passenger vehicles.
- Competent in MS Office programs.
- CPR Certified
- Certified forklift operator
About the Visitor Engagement Team
The Visitor Engagement Team is dedicated to welcoming people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to enjoy their national park. They encourage and facilitate access through three key functions: Visitor Services (including permitted recreational events and activities), Community Partnerships (encouraging community access and support of an inclusive and relevant park), and Volunteer Programs (engaging volunteers in stewarding the park and welcoming visitors).
Driver’s License Investigation & Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver’s License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver’s license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver’s license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver’s license reviews thereafter. An individual’s granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver’s license investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete the driver’s license investigation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply, download the employment application from our website at www.presidio.gov/presidio-trust/jobs and submit your application to our email address listed on our website.