The Presidio Trust is actively seeking a Financial Analyst. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The 1,500-acre Presidio is richly layered in history, is a natural oasis for wildlife, plants, and people, and offers iconic views known around the world. In its third decade as a park, public awareness and enjoyment of this exceptional place continues to grow.
The Financial Analyst is the primary finance partner supporting specifically assigned divisions and departments by providing financial analysis and guidance suitable for decision making.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic, innovative, and resourceful analyst who embraces the opportunity to work in a team-oriented department. You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a professional knack for applying broad analytical principles and practices. You’re an energetic self-starter who can work on multiple tasks, a whiz with Excel and other finance-related systems, and you prioritize and meet pre-established deadlines with flair and accuracy.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a starting pay range of $102,888 to $117,294. The starting base salary is dependent on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. Now accepting applications.
- Act as the primary finance partner sufficiently embedded with assigned divisions and departments to provide on-going financial analytic support for all of their activities.
- Support budget owners during formulation, including revenue and expense forecasting of operating and project budgets.
- Perform increasingly complex planned and ad-hoc analysis, modeling, forecasting and reporting required to maximize financial performance of assigned support areas, such as three-statement modeling, pro forma, project feasibility, and rate setting.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and forecasts, including variance analysis and explanations, as required.
- Perform analysis to support negotiations with tenants, customers, partners or other organizations for leases, agreements, contracts, in-kind transfers or other complex transactions, and estimate the economic impacts on the Trust’s overall financial performance.
- Translate and synthesize increasingly complex financial data into executive summaries for management suitable for decision making.
- Prepare increasingly complex presentations for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop overall project scope, pro forma, budget, and schedule; and perform project feasibility and return on investment analysis.
- Develop and support the management of project budgets, schedules and reports; work with the Trust’s Senior Project Controls Specialist and Project Management Office, to maintain master project schedules.
- Develop, prepare and update assigned reporting for external stakeholders (e.g., other federal, state or local agencies, business partners or contractors), including submitting data, responding to inquiries and follow up questions, and ensuring the Trust is in compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Assist contractors who may be assigned to support budgeting and financial planning.
- Review other analysts’ work product for quality assurance.
- Perform work with increasingly less oversight and direction while advancing through pay steps.
- Report to Budget Manager on a dotted-line basis to ensure consistency with agency-wide analytical approach and format.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics, or related field; AND
- Two (2) years of successful performance in a junior analyst function; OR
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the required work.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Excel and must be skilled in manipulating spreadsheets inclusive of use of the following Excel functions: pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, developing macros and if statements.
- Ability to apply financial techniques such as accounting, statistics, or math to develop spreadsheet analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking abilities.
- Knowledge of Insight BizView, Oracle ERP, or similar financial management tools and reporting systems (knowledge of Trust accounting and financial management systems).
- Experience in working in a multi-faceted environment with complex missions or background in construction, property management, real estate or finance.
About the Presidio Trust Finance Team
Our Finance Team is a diverse group of professionals. As part of a one-of-a-kind organization, the team brings together innovative private sector strategies while following federal policies and guidelines to develop and maintain the Presidio Trust's budget, support all accounting and reporting activities, and ensure the park is self-sufficient and continues to be available for all visitors.
Background & Driver’s License Investigation and Review
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes, driver’s license. An individual’s granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All Presidio Trust employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Employment is contingent upon submitting a COVID-19 Certification of Vaccination or qualifying for an exemption when hired.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply, download the employment application from our website at www.presidio.gov/presidio-trust/jobs and email the completed application to our email address listed on our website.