Rob Hill is generally open for camping between April 1 and October 31 each year. Camping reservations for dates outside this window will not be accepted.
Reservations can only be made for overnight camping, day use reservations are not accepted.
Reservations begin at 12 pm the day of check-in and end at 11 am the day of check-out. Designated quiet hours are from 10 pm to 6 am. Please respect other campers and residents of the neighborhoods near the campground.
Prior to making a reservation, please read the full
terms and conditions of use for Rob Hill Campground. When planning your trip, also keep in mind the following:
- Rob Hill is a tent-only campground. RV, pop-up and camper-truck camping or any similar type of vehicle camping is not allowed in Rob Hill or elsewhere in the Presidio. No hook-ups available.
- Amplified music, smoking, firearms, explosives, and generators are not permitted in the campground.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted at Rob Hill Campground. Service Animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), are welcome at Rob Hill.
- Wood and charcoal fires are permitted only in the BBQs and fire pits provided in each campsite. Collection of live, downed or dead wood is prohibited; you may bring in your own wood from outside the Presidio of San Francisco. Please extinguish all fires completely, with water, after use.
- Please do not burn wood or charcoal when there is a Spare the Air alert in effect. Visit
http://www.sparetheair.org to learn more. Your compliance reduces pollution and improves air quality.
In addition, the Presidio Trust may issue a ban on open fires in the event of high fire danger.
- The campground cannot be considered a temporary residence.
- The Great Room is not available for public use. The Great Room is reserved only for education programs sponsored by the Presidio Trust, Golden Gate Parks Conservancy, and National Park Service. Please do not disturb the groups using these spaces.
- The upper Fire Circle is reserved for
Crissy Field Center youth programs. It may be available for public use on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire at
email@example.com after you have made your reservation.
Costs of Camping 2023
During the 2023 camping season, reservations will cost $92.00 per site, per night Sunday through Thursday nights and $140.00 per site per night on Friday and Saturday nights. Please visit
Recreation.gov for information regarding reservation changes or cancellations.
A discounted rate of 75.00 per site, per night is available to active and retired miliary personnel all season long. To claim the discount, please email proof of eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org after you have made your reservation and at least one week prior to your check-in date. Please include your reservation confirmation number and check-in date in the subject line of your email. If your request is approved, the difference will be refunded to you. Discount requests that are submitted less than one week in advance of check-in cannot be guaranteed.
Acceptable forms of proof include a copy of a Military ID card, Veteran ID card, driver’s license with a veteran designation, issued identification card, DD214, or a membership card to a veteran’s group (such as VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, etc). Please redact any sensitive information (such as a Social Security Number) that appears on any document that you attach. Name on the proof of service must match the name of the primary occupant listed on the reservation.
Please direct questions about the military discount to